articles of interest
Psychiatry & Medications<< return to main topics
The following is a list of articles of interest that may be relevant to you. Clicking on each link will take you directly to the website containing the information. These sites are not controlled by AABMH and thus we cannot guarantee the validity of their content. All information provided on this site is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient or site visitor and his or her physician or mental health provider.
Visit our Self-Help References for a more detailed list of the conditions we treat. Use our search tool below to search the web for more information:
Links & Resources
Here are some resources that will provide more information related to psychiatry and psychiatric medications.
- • American Psychiatric Association
- • World Psychiatric Association
- • American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry (AAGP)
- • American Journal of Psychiatry
- • American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- • American Association for Emergency Psychiatry (AAEP)
News & ArticlesClick on each topic for more links related to each condition.
- Introduction: Mental Health Medications
- What are psychiatric medications?
- Addiction and Psychiatric Medication Treatment
- HealthyChildren.org: Healthy Living - Psychiatric Medications
- Psychiatric Medications: Are People Forgoing Them Because of the Stigma Attached to Treatment?
- How Do Psychiatric Medications Work?
- Psychiatric Medications and Pregnancy